Pages

Wednesday, October 17

No Trickery - It's a TREAT! Punkin' Pie Smoothie

Every fall I get all excited about Pumpkin Pie.  Next to cheesecake, it's my all-time favorite dessert, which I justify consuming by the boatload because it's so chock full of vitamin A which isn't all that easy to get:-}   Not unlike how wine is really just liquid antioxidants and resveratrol, no?

While I can't remember where I got the original recipe (probably Kris Carr ?!), and I can't even remember (thx for nothin', Moms'heimerz) the exact ingredients, here's how I made it and - - - LOOK! - the most delicious punkin' idea in ages - a smoothie.  I'm in HEAVEN.

So here's what you need to whip up this amazing, vitamin rich, Omegas loaded, vegan slurpee:

Punkin' Smoothie
  • 1c. pureed pumpkin
  • 1c. almond, coconut or soy milk
  • 2 T. raw pumpkin seeds
  • 1 T. chia seeds
  • squirt of agave nectar or dash stevia
  •  pumpkin pie spices to taste
  • extra dash of ground cloves 
  • nob of fresh, peeled ginger (as much as you can stand)
Blend until smooth in a Vitamix or blender.  Add ice cubes if you want it frosty.  The seeds thicken it up, so you may want to add more milk or water to thin it down - or use a spoon:-)

à votre santé!



 footnote - this is how much I love my old 50s linens.  I use them until the holes are too many and the colors so faded you can't even see the designs anymore.  Also shown is an art deco Candlewick water glass I inherited from my  great grandmother, Ruthie.  I am the luckiest girl in the world because she had a generous collection that I've been able to expand over the years.  It's such simple, elegant depression glass from the Imperial Glass Company made during the mid-'30s through the '50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment