Pages

Thursday, May 3

Melting

It's already hit 95* degrees in southern Houston:-/  After 4 years in this climate I still haven't acclimated and doubtless never will.  It feels a little somethin' like this:
video installation by artist Tony Oursler

actual light by Propaganda, but no longer on their website. boo hiss

Of course no discussion of melting in the heat would be complete without a Salvador Dali reference.   This fabulous Melting Clock is out front at the Marina Bay Sands Art-Science Museum.  And no discussion of Mr. Dali would be complete without one of his brazen statements - here, my favorite:

“Every morning, upon awakening, I experience a supreme pleasure: that of being Salvador Dali, and I ask myself, wonderstruck, what prodigious thing will he do today, this Salvador Dali.”
Salvador Dali

I'm going to pull a Marilyn and put my undies in the icebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment