Pages

Thursday, May 17

Karl-isms are always a giggle

Karl Lagerfeld is an ubiquitous news maker, especially when new Chanel or Fendi collections pop up.  In celebration of Karl I found a list of hilarious quotes from him, complete w/ a video... good stuff.
Here are my 2 faves quotes:
On sticking to his diet:
“When I see tons of food in the studio, for us and for everybody, for me it's as if this stuff was made out of plastic. The idea doesn't even enter my mind that a human being could put that into their mouth. I'm like the animals in the forest. They don't touch what they cannot eat." [Telegraph]
On suffering for his art:"Please don't say I work hard. Nobody is forced to do this job and if they don't like it, they should do another one. If it's too much, do something else. But don't start doing it and then say, 'Aaaah, it's too much' ... Then, suddenly, they become artists. They are too weak. Too fragile. Non. We have to be tough. We cannot talk about our suffering. People buy dresses to be happy, not to hear about somebody who suffered over a piece of taffeta." [Telegraph]

He's a good sport, isn't he?  Funny, funny, talented man.
current Chanel Resort collection.  the skirts are terrific

No comments:

Post a Comment